For three decades, Camic Johnson has been defending clients from all walks of life facing criminal charges — from police officers to gang leaders. Whether you are facing a simple misdemeanor or a felony murder conviction, Camic Johnson will tenaciously defend your rights.The firm represents clients in Aurora, Chicago and surrounding Illinois communities. With more than 100 years of combined experience, Camic Johnson’s attorneys have handled thousands of criminal defense cases.
Illinois DUI Arrest Representation for Misdemeanors and Felonies
The criminal defense lawyers of Camic Johnson handle a wide range of misdemeanor and felony charges, including:
- Drunk driving: A DUI conviction can change your life overnight. You may lose your driver’s license or be forced to spend a year or more in jail. To defend your rights and your freedom, you need skilled legal defense.
- Drug charges: With the extremely harsh penalties for drug crimes, you need a lawyer who can do more than plea bargain for you. Our lawyers have obtained acquittals in difficult state and federal cases.
- Murder: Our lawyers have been successful in getting murder charges reduced and having our clients exonerated in cases ranging from reckless homicide to first-degree murder.
- Domestic violence: If you are accused of domestic violence, your career and your reputation may be on the line. Don’t assume the charges will go away without an aggressive defense.
- Internet crimes: Crimes such as identity theft, terrorism threats, solicitation of a minor, and child pornography can carry extremely severe penalties. If you are convicted of an Internet sex crime, you will be required to register yourself as a sexual offender with local authorities for a minimum of 10 years following your release from prison.
- White collar crimes: The first sign you are suspected of a white collar crime, such as fraud, could be a call from law enforcement asking you to come in for questioning. You need legal representation before you answer questions.
- Appeals: If you have been wrongly convicted, our appellate and post-conviction practice can assist you in an appeal. The firm may be able to get your record expunged or sealed.
Meet Your Criminal Defense Attorneys
Among the qualified attorneys at Camic Johnson, Mr. Camic previously served as the chairman of the Criminal Justice Section Counsel of the Illinois State Bar Association and chaired the Kane County Bar Association Criminal Practice Committee for more than five years. While at Camic Johnson, he notably achieved one of the shortest jury acquittals in Illinois history: It lasted only seven minutes.
The firm’s criminal defense attorneys pair comprehensive knowledge of criminal law with strategic insight from their various backgrounds.
While honing their skills and gaining experience, Camic Johnson’s attorneys developed strong working relationships with prosecutors, judges and police personnel around northeastern Illinois.